Monday, November 21, 2011

I Am Not a Writer

I am not a writer. I cannot write or do not write, well either way I am not a writer. I am in this class, its called AP English and I cannot seem to understand what AP stands for. Always Pray, Almost Poor, Alternating Personalities, Alligator People, Androids Probable, Altering Paranoia, Allegedly People? Some one once told me AP stands for Advanced Placement. I gave them the most disdainful look I could muster because they were most defiantly wrong. Writing means English and English means spelling and spelling and me have not been friends since the first time my kindergarten hand learned how to write A. So they were wrong, because if I was in Advanced Placement English there was something wrong with the system, dyslexia and English do not mix, it’s the definition of dyslexia. Dyslexia the inability to make spelling that makes sense within the random and often hard to understand rules that the English language puts forth often resulting in a type of spelling that makes far more sense then the English version of the word. (Taken from the American Dani Dictionary ©2011). So the person who said that AP stood for Advance Placement had no idea what they were talking about. Advanced Placement were the kids at school in Prism, Advanced Placement were most defiantly the Original Oratory at Speech and Debate who wrote their own speeches. Advanced Placement meant the students in creative writing Advanced Placement were the kids sitting in my lunch who discussed books. Advanced Placement was the students who had amazing writing skills, which means they were writers and I am not a writer there for I am not in Advanced Placement. Do not get me wrong I love poetry I am listening to poetry write now. They’re something magical about words whether written or spoken; they hold so much knowledge, so much power, so much understanding. Advanced Placement students were writers who knew how to wield those words to say just what they wanted them to. I am not that, I just write what I feel. I write what comes to my mind no filter, especially in poetry. I have written poetry in English class Creative Writing, about underwear, no filter, no meaning just words. I am not a writer though. I am a feeler; I feel the words flowing from my mind into my hands. I read the words on a page and feel them in me flying around looking for a place to nuzzle in my brain. I have written a hundred pages of an overly controversial story that no one could even tell was controversial till the last chapter. None of this makes me a writer and if I were a writer I would not live in an Advanced Placement class. None of this though means I don’t like my English class. No I quiet enjoy it. I write poetry in English. I read quotes from people much wiser then my self. I hear people talk every day that look at things in much different ways then my self and I learn from them. Its ironic, my sisters call me a writer, I am not though, I am a feeler. I am not in Advanced Placement English either just to clarify I am, though, in Always Pursuing English.

No comments:

Post a Comment