Saturday, June 25, 2011

Never Pressing Repeat

In Tom Richman’s noval The Imperfectionists. A novel published in 2011 a time in witch each day something changes, whether it be the marriage laws in a state or even how many solders are in a foreign country, life costly changes. Richman exemplifies the ever-changing world during an interview with Gerda Erzberger. Erzberger relays a quote “’No man steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man’”(37) In the one short ferias Rachman describes how I want to live. His use of imagery and drawing a parallel between nature and man can only be perceived as brilliant. All humans know nature changes, humans see it. Leaves changed color, wind changes direction, the human body completely regenerates its self every fourteen years, and temperature drops and rises as it pleases, nature changes. By including this parallel Richman proves life changes and with it people, he exemplifies this farther with the death of, the many character of the chapter, Author Gopal daughter, a change. Its strange to think I want to live my life according to change. With change comes knowledge, wisdom, understanding, and the ability to not make the same mistake. Humans try to stay stagnate and resist change, I want my life though to embrace change, so I may grow, in understanding in knowledge and also in the ability to not make the same mistakes. I never want to walk in the same river twice or ever-hit repeat. What will I ever learn if I just keep living the same life?

No comments:

Post a Comment